PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ
Failure to follow this installation guide will void your warranty
- Engines must be installed, maintained, or adjusted by a qualified technician.
- Installer must switch over all external accessories, including the intake, exhaust manifolds and sensors.
(Note: Use only the long block! Never use anything that came with the engine except the head and the block.)
- Always have a rod out service done on your radiator by a radiator shop, after you have run the engine, not a flush, but a rod out.
There is no exception on this! Failure to follow procedures may damage your cooling system.
- Always replace the following parts with new ones:
- Thermostat and water pump
- Timing belt and timing belt pensioner
- Camshaft seals
- Front and rear main seals
- Oil and oil filter
- Water and oil sending units
- PCV valve
- Gaskets (oil, pan, intake, exhaust, and etc…)
- Changing over these parts will benefit you and your customer.
- Always prime the engine with motor oil first before starting.
This will reduce initial wear start up on the motor.
Please!! Visually inspect if a heat tab has been placed on the engine. To protect us from overheated engines heart tabs are attached to the motors…If a heat tab is not found on the block of the engine, please, notify MAKOTOAUTOPARTS CORP. A.S.A.P.
**Warranty covers an exchange of engine only and does not cover labor and any incidental expenses
(towing, car rental, side road service and time.)**
NOTE: Warranty will not cover:
- Overheated engines w/melted heat tabs.
- Bent valves usually caused by broken timing belt or improperly installed timing belt.
- Running the engine without engine oil.
If you have any questions regarding our warranty and installation, please contact MAKOTOAUTOPARTS CORP., at 1-310-930-7436 or you can find this information on back of our invoice.
- Use New or Rebuilt Torque Converter with the replacement transmission.
- Fill up the Torque Converter with transmission fluid before installation
- Make sure the differential is also filled up with the right type of oil (very important).
- Have your oil cooler flushed or service to remove any metal or clutch particles in the system.